When a loved one is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia, it is a challenging time for the whole family. You may have questions, such as:
- What does the diagnosis mean for our family?
- Will my loved one be able to continue to live at home?
Advantage Home Care provides trained caregivers who can help dementia patients live safely in the comfortable, familiar surroundings of their own homes.
Who Can Benefit from Dementia Care at Home?
In-home caregiving services can provide a wealth of benefits for dementia patients and their families, including:
- Development of comforting daily routines
- Friendly companionship
- Encouragement to participate in engaging, brain-stimulating activities
- Safety assessments to ensure a secure home environment
- Monitoring and cuing for safety
- Encouragement and assistance with hygiene tasks
Additionally, a dementia caregiver can provide respite for family members to give them the time they need to take care of themselves.
What Do In-Home Alzheimer’s Care Services Entail?
We provide complimentary in home assessments to develop a care plan that supports a safe balance of independence and assistance for your loved one with dementia. We review the care plan regularly and update it as your loved one’s needs and wishes change. Our dementia care services can include:
- Personal care services, including bathing, dressing, and hygiene care
- Meal planning, preparation, supervision, cuing, and assistance with mealtimes
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Companionship and conversation
- Assistance with games and memory activities
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Assistance with prescribed physical therapy exercises
- Medication assistance and reminders
- And much more